Week 5 Post #2

 So many tools!


It really is amazing to me how many web 2.0 tools are out there. When I first started this class I was mainly thinking about the most common ones that everybody knows like Facebook and Instagram. Twitter/X (I still have trouble calling it X) is another one most people think about right off the bat. However, here we are in Week 5 already and Dr. Dennen is still presenting us with new tools to check out every week. I am sure there are still many, many more. It is crazy! It is so interesting to think about all the different ways that a person can be connected. For any Office fans out there, it reminds me of the episode where Ryan introduces Wuphf. Basically it is an application where you can be alerted of a message on all of your favorite tools. 


It is really cool to see all the different tools out there though and how they might be used in educational ways. Good Reads is a great tool that was introduced this week. I can think of a few applications of this for various types of courses/lessons. Pinterest is one that can come in handy too as groups create "boards" for group projects, etc. I have had exposure to some of these tools before, but never really considered how they might be used in a learning environment. I love thinking about all these tools and how they can be used! What's your favorite tool so far? How could you use it for a learning activity?


Comments

Popular Posts