Week 9 #1 Post

 Knowledge Sharing/Tracking Reflection


I have been thinking about our knowledge sharing/tracking assignments since I submitted mine over the weekend. That really was a fascinating project! My husband is a statistician and he is always talking about how cool data is and how much we can learn from a few simple metrics. He is not wrong! I chose to do my project using Pinterest. It was a great platform for this! When you sign up for a business account (which is free) you can keep track of all kinds of data like your most visited pins/boards, outbound clicks, saves, clicks per day, etc. Even though I did not have much participation until the last few days, it really painted an interesting picture of what people were interested in most from the boards I created. I created five boards about different types of workouts. Each board featured a different types of the body. The total body workout board received a lot more attention than the arm workout board. There were also some cardio workouts that got the most clicks. It was kind of fun to see what attracted people. I know we could go a lot deeper here and talk about presentation, design of the pin, targeted audience, etc. However, learning these features and thinking about how they could be used in a learning setting was so cool! I am excited to take a look at some of my classmates' projects this week!

Comments

  1. Yay! Love your energy around this assignment. We can learn so much from data :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts