Week 7 Post #2

 Detox


I have been looking at the different challenges and trying to decide which ones I'd like to complete. I have been feeling really extra "connected" lately, so the detox challenge is calling my name. In fact, this week we are in Orlando meeting up with my parents visiting from Idaho. We have loved being together this week because we live across the country from each other. This kind of time is rare! However, I work two jobs online and do schoolwork online. My husband ended up at a work conference on the other side of the country so we have been texting and calling. I took my two oldest kids to Disney for their birthday. It was amazing, but I felt like I had to be on my phone almost constantly to check wait times, order food, check on my other kids hanging out with grandma, answer work chats, respond to urgent emails, etc. I am annoyed at myself over all this. I have a really hard time stepping away and making myself wait to answer communication, especially when it comes to work. I think a detox is just what the doctor ordered. Obviously I can't totally step away from my work, but I am looking forward to 24 hours of putting my phone away and only working/answering chats and emails at certain times and really focusing in on this time with my family. I'll report back on Friday. Until then, I'm signing off!

Comments

Popular Posts